IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Share | 

Rear Wheel Spats MK10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru

PostSubject: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:22 pm

I thought you all might find this interesting, This particular MK10 has rear wheel spats made up for it at some time. Being in the U.S. I think it looks like a 50's Hudson.
Observe and let me know your thoughts.

Charles

Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am

Oh dear........ No
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 am

Well, when surfing yesterday I came across this car a '65 MK10 ....

I contacted Charles and he seemed to know about it apparently it belongs to a American Millionaire by the name of John Fluevog.

As the Americans say its been lumped and also its seats look like there part done with crocodile hide....

Arrow Fluevog car and text

Arrow More Fluevog Pics

This may not to be carsie's taste Laughing
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 am

Lol! "may not be to Carsie's taste"

I'd actually forgotten about this car and I think I'm going to suprise you! tongue

You are correct T-C the car's not exactly to my taste, I somehow couldn't see myself cruisin' the streets of downtown but you've got to admit that in terms of execution it's undeniably brilliant and it achieves it's design objectives and therefore I'm giving it the thumbs up. great

I recently entered into a similar discussion regarding a certain pretty unique "Bri(tish)ol"Motor car that in my eyes was of questionable taste Laughing. I questioned whether or not just because a car carried a prestige badge one would automatically say it was good looking and furthermore you would be prepared to spend huge £££ on it.

I grew up with the MK10, as an adolescent young lad it was "THE car!" and of course it was Dad's so all reasoning goes out of the window; having said that however the latter years have kicked in and I have independence of mind, if not gene pool, that leads me to acknowledge that the line of a Jag, it's mixture of presence, design, material and presentation coupled with technical competence delivers a beauty that to my eyes is simply (to quote the advertisment) gorgeous.

The Fluegar Jag doesn't "do it" for me in the same way that a standard Mk10/420G does, the bespatted Mk10 is somewhat like an elegant lady wearing a huge diamond or a well dressed man wearing a Breitling watch - somewhat OTT.

Dad's Jag was black and I remember musing on more than one occasion whether to put a gold coachline olong it's flanks and in the end deciding not to.

The expression of personality is of course what drives us (sic) to a particular brand and for me less is more or to put it another way (as I have 'oft been quoted) I prefer class not ass.

I am of course a petrolhead and I'd put the Fluegar alongside the Ferrari Studebaker or 2CV Van but on the otherhand Mabjag's V12........ I love that car!!!!!! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
Car-Nut
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Not heard from Mabjagm5 for a while I think he must be in hibernation Wink

Clive
1970 4.2 420G -17th from last RHD -Reggie
1970 4.2 420G -13th from last RHD -Ronnie
Symposium Enquiries to The Global Team  Arrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worldwide Supplier of Parts for Jaguar MK10 420G
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Spats MK10   

Back to top Go down

Rear Wheel Spats MK10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1