IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Share | 

Prototype MK10 Video Clips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Prototype MK10 Video Clips   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 am

I posted this across on Pistonheads recently because I thought that you might have seen it already, however given Clive's "nudge" I thought it warranted a re-post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My well known love for Jaguar, stems from an adolescent, myopic view, that the best car in the world was of course, the one that Dad had (isn't that true for all of us?)

I was very lucky and privileged to be afforded a comfortable childhood. Dad's black MK10 was bought, nearly new, from a Director of the Smith and Nephew drug company; it was, but one, of many "nice cars" in my childhood "street/avenue"

There were two Aston's DB4 and 5, two Alvis TD21's,one that escapes me that had a Wilson Pre-sector-(the lady showed me how it worked (aged 12/13yr old (?)) a Bentley S2, Bentley R Type a Jensen FF and innumerable other Jags including XK120/140/150 MK2's two other Mk10's and at least three S Types'.

The Jaguar owners loyalty to the brand extended to me seeing the first brand new V12 E Type being bought upon launch a few doors away (primrose yellow convertible), the first XJS in Leyland Red, Dad's purchase of the first XJ12 in BRG; I'm sure you get the drift..

The Mk10 however, of course naturally held it's childhood tug for me as many an hour was blissfully and innocently spent in the garage washing and polishing and Dad of course never objected! (surprise, surprise )

Today of course I have a Jag, one of many along the years, but my ears always prick up when I alight on the Mk10.

So if you pardon the pre-amble and momentary loss of focus and into prose and nostalgia then I give you the You Tube video that I found this evening.

Never seen it before so thanks go to the poster - Mrpitv.

I think upon reflection that it's brilliant, not just for being a Jag, but also I can't think of many cars' (read Classic) that we get an insight into their build story.

Keith Adams across on AR Online does an excellent job of telling the story of XJ40 and a few others so they are out there but rare methinks.

Final thought/ramble/why, I casually started noting the RW Reg numbers used by the Coventry manufacturers some time ago (I know it sound dreadfully like sad train-spotting doesn't it? lol!) anyway.. 5437 RW and 5438 RW feature here (can't believe I've just written that!

C'mon Carsie....the video!

MK10 Prototype Browns Lane by carsie.100, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope you enjoy

Have a good weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
db08

PostSubject: Re: Prototype MK10 Video Clips   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Great video.
Thanks for that.
(I love the accent). Very Happy